Monday, November 14, 2005

Black Friday

Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving in the United States, is historically one of the busiest retail shopping days of the year. Many consider it the "official" beginning to the Christmas shopping season.

The "black" in the name comes from the standard accounting practice of using red ink to denote negative values (i.e., losses) and black ink to denote positive values (profits). Black Friday is the day when retailers traditionally get back "in the black" after operating "in the red" for the previous months.


I HATE BLACK FRIDAY!!!!!

You will NOT find me out there with all those crazy women slapping and clawing their way to the last pair of pink Uggs for their little girl and the latest Star Wars video game for their husband. No no no...not me. I don't like getting baby stroller heel and banged in the ass by shopping carts and sprayed with the latest perfumes at Macy's and don't even get me started on the horrible Christmas music!


No ladies, I will be staying out of your way while you run like banshee's through the aisles risking and losing both life and limb and to show how good of a sport I am, here are 2 websites you should sign up on to get emailed the very latest Black Friday secret sales so you'll know what stores to line up in front of at 5am...crazy bitches!

Black Friday 1

Black Friday 2

2 Comments:

At 10:58 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

I took that day off. I was planning to go to the parents' in Florida, but I'm about a LOT too short in the wallet for that.

What'll I do? Probably sleep in.

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

I lied.

I shopped.

Almost shoved a George Foreman grill up a salesgirl's ass, but I refrained.

Even though she deserved it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home