Thursday, November 10, 2005

All My Ex's Live In Texas....

Loneliness. That feeling of emptiness or hollowness inside you. The feeling that you are isolated or separated from the world, cut off from those you would like to have contact with.

It sucks!

I've been on my own now for 13 years. Day in, day out, every responsibility is mine, every important decision made alone. It's so tiring, depressing, scary and overwhelming.

I look around and see the world paired off in Noah's ark fashion and I feel like the odd ball. How come everyone else found someone? Why isn't anyone interested in me? Am I going to be all alone for the rest of my life? No husband, no children, no family traditions, no crayon drawings on the fridge, no wishing we could get out of going to Thanksgiving at the in-laws this year. No family vacations, recitals, soccer games, proms, graduations or anniversaries.


I've been waiting my whole life to find out what my purpose in life is but it has yet to rear it's head. What's it all for? As Jack said "What if this is as good as it gets?"

Sigh....everyday I wake up with hope that my life will change and everynight I lie down with the same old life....hoping for a better tomorrow. But today something happened...not to me but to about 1300 people in my field, their jobs are being moved out of state to Tennessee and many will not go. This may be the opportunity I've been looking for. Sell the house and get one of those jobs and start over in Nashville.

Clean slate! Could my life be a do'over? Shake that etch-a-sketch that is my life and try again? The thought of moving 2000 miles away to a state where I know no one could make me feel even more isolated but who knows, my soul mate could be there waiting for me.

Should I stay or should I go? Course actually getting the job would help me decide.

What would you do?

3 Comments:

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Khiori said...

Damnit! You're coming to Turkey day with us. :( So sorry you feel left out and lonely :( Hang in there, Sweetie.

 
At 4:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't start with the crap that is my insanity - you're the smart one, the pretty one, the one who doesn't get dragged away by a slug to leave her friends behind and fall into the depths of depression.
hang in there

 
At 10:00 AM, Blogger Livi of the Mountain said...

Anonymous...wow, I could have written that every few years when I was married to a military man. Just as you make friends and feel comfortable in your surroundings, hubby comes home and say's, "Guess what, were moving to Pensacola". I'm sorry you feel isolated too, well I have friends, it's a love life I crave, sounds like we have an opposite yet equal dilemmas in our lives. Hope your "slug" treats you well, if not, kick him to the curb, get a uhaul and go back to where your friends are.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home