Wednesday, November 09, 2005

RIP Thumper!!!

"Thumper ???? - 2005"

Tonight I found out why they named him Thumper. It wasn't because he thumps when he hops. It's because of the sound he makes when your back tire hits him..."thump, thump!"

I got my first mountain kill. They say up here that you aren't considered a true mountain resident until you survive a winter (done that 3 years now), buy mountain real estate and live in it full time (done that 3 years now), wake up next to a creepy mountain man after a night of drinking at The Stockade (no comment) and make your first road kill.

There I was, going about 57mph, in a 55mph so it wasn't my fault when the little fluffy, brown critter hopped across the street in front of my new car. I missed him with the front wheels but then it happened, THUMP! Such a sad sound...but what an idiot. The road is smack dab in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of nowhere on both sides...no need to cross the dang road.

Dumb bunny...dumb dead bunny. Gotta go wash the car now.

2 Comments:

At 11:40 AM, Blogger Khiori said...

erg. Please tell me you are not a true mtn resident and slept with someone from The Stockade. . . LOL

 
At 12:33 PM, Blogger Livi of the Mountain said...

Naaa, I just put that in to see if you were paying attention...lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home