Monday, July 10, 2006

Over 1 Billion Served...a death sentence


Tobacco expected to kill 1 billion this century. Smoking accounts for 1 in 5 cancer deaths, new reference guides report.



WASHINGTON - If current trends hold, tobacco will kill a billion people this century, 10 times the toll it took in the 20th century, public health officials said Monday.
Tobacco accounts for one in five cancer deaths, or 1.4 million deaths worldwide each year, according to two new reference guides that chart global tobacco use and cancer. Lung cancer remains the major cancer among the 10.9 million new cases of cancer diagnosed each year, according to the Cancer Atlas. An estimated 1.25 billion men and women smoke cigarettes now, according to the Tobacco Atlas.
~
Ok so why am I preaching about this? Well, I smoked for 13 years and I quit 23 years ago and if I can do it, you can do it. My last boyfriend died of pancreatic cancer which is caused by smoking. He was 46 and it was a slow, scary painful death. He went from a young heathly hunk to a man I barely recognized. If it weren't the tattoos on his arm, I wouldn't have known it was him.
~
Trust me, you don't want to go that way so stop smoking.
Now, how did I quit? I quit using Cigarrest. Try it, what have you got to lose?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home