Saturday, March 04, 2006

Oh God, the Horror!!!!!!!!!













Birthdays..........I have 3 friends going through "milestone" birthdays this month. 35, 39 and the big 50. These "Oh God, I'm insert age here and I haven't accomplished shit birthdays can be very traumatizing. When I turned 39, I threw a big party and had a great time till everyone left then I did it. I ran THE LIST through my head. I'm 39, no husband, no children a sucky job and still renting...I'm a big fat failure!!!!! As I was reaching for the valium and revolver, I decided to take charge and achieve at least one thing on my list. So the next day I started house hunting. At the time I was living in Long Beach, CA...very expensive real estate. Anything I could afford to buy I was afraid to live in, it was discouraging to say the least. At the same time, my landlady of 10 years decided to sell the duplex I was living in for way more than I could afford to pay so the search became a necessity and not just life advancing. The only affordable real estate left in So Cal was in the mountains and so Crazy Mountain Woman was born. I also had to get another job closer to the mountains and although it's not a better job, it does pay more. So really I crossed off 50% of my list....good thing right? Well, not exactly, I'm now so far away from my friends, I never get to see them and had to make new friends which can be good too but the point of all of this is that milestone birthdays can make you do crazy shit so I'm wondering what changes my friends will be compelled to make this year?

Anyone else out there do some crazy shit over a birthday??? Boob job, corvette, divorce, rob a bank...anything? Do tell.

1 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Blogger Internet Street Philosopher said...

Before my 20th Birthday, I went out of my college dorm after curfew and rode in the dark on my pedal bike from 11:30 P.M. to about 3:30 A.M. with no lights on my bike or nothing. I was pissed that I was going to leave my teen years and such.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home