Sunday, February 19, 2006


Opinions please...

Ok, I recently redecorated my livingroom. New wood floors and new deep red velvet jeweled draperies so red is my main accent color. On the wall above the tv which is the main wall I have space for a 16 x 20 picture and I've tried several pics and none of them seem to thrill me and I'm getting tired of wasting money on new prints every week...lol. Soooo, I was browsing art.com and came across this one called Poppies. I like it. The girl seems sweet and innocent and evil and vicious all at the same time which intrigues me so I bought it and put it up for a few days to see how I like it.
Yesterday a friend stopped by with his 11 year old son and he just kept staring at it (of course). His Dad didn't seem to mind but Mom wasn't with them and I wonder how she would have felt about it.
My question is, would sitting in my livingroom, looking at this pic, make you uncomfortable? Would you hesitate to bring your kids over or is it simply art?

4 Comments:

At 4:07 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

I don't think I'd put it up, but then again, I'm a prude.

But I can definitely see why you like it, and I think it's a beautiful piece.

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

I think all the guys are off wanking and are too busy to post.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Norman said...

As the mother of 3 kids (one of them a 4 year old boy), I don't personally think I'd have a problem with this. However - I do think that this particular piece should be displayed in a room that's not so central though. But that's just MY thought!

Art is about what it makes YOU feel. And art is all subjective. So if it makes YOU feel good, then to heck with what others think (including myself)!

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger .- said...

i would not bring my kids over, but that should not prevent you from hanging what you like.
my life with my kids is so totally apart from my adult life
NEVER the two shall meet.. we have enough expense without adding psychotherapy :0

 

Post a Comment

<< Home