Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Coulrophobia - Do you have it? I do!

Coulrophobia is the fear of clowns. All my life I've been afraid of them but my fear grew stronger in the 80's when I got the flu and my husband bought me Stephen Kings "It" to pass the time. Oh dear God in heaven, it was all I could do to finish the damn thing and to make matters worse, I was whining about wanting "bendy" straws for my ginger ale so he went to the store and found "Circus" straws with an ugly clown on the box...lol


This evil clown didn't uphold the rules of the old horror book days where children and cute fluffy animals were exempt from gruesome deaths. Little Georgie Denbrough in his yellow slicker, playing with a paper sail boat in the rain, bit the big time on page 2. Clowns have no mercy I tell ya. "We all float down here Georgie!!!" Acckkkk!!!!!! It has balloons and yellow eyes...I hate balloons too.


Another fun yet freaky clown movie is "Killer Klowns From OuterSpace"; a comedy, yeah right. Yes, it was humorous but those clowns still freaked me out. Excellent costumes and special effects for a low budget flick. Worth the rental fee. Don't make popcorn while you watch this one though...lol (those who have seen it will know what I mean).


Here's a clown movie I haven't seen. It's about a young boy with a fear of clowns and his stupid older brother and his friends decide to take him to the circus or "Clownhouse" to rid him of his fears and well, you get the idea, they soon crap themselves in fear as well...lol. Think I may rent this one if I can find a friend to watch it with....in the daylight!

Do you have a scary clown story to share???

2 Comments:

At 2:49 AM, Blogger .- said...

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

 
At 6:28 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

That first movie, Fear of Clowns, is great. You should go buy or rent it. And let me know how many copies are in the place you get it from. The guy who wrote and directed it (www.maykillyou.blogspot.com), is curious. Hell, go to his blog and tell him directly, and what you think about the movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home