Tuesday, February 14, 2006



Way Back Wednesday!

My first job ever was at Famous Recipe Fried Chicken, a local chicken joint in my home town. I was 16 and had to wear this God awful squaredance type dress in red and yellow calico print. I looked like a granny quilt. To make matters worse, the yellow pinafore that went over the dress had a big, plastic chicken head sticking out of the center of my chest. So here I am, 16, with a chicken head thrusting out of my chest like in alien, working the cash register and all the boys from school come in and see me like that. But I didn't tell you the worst part. It was 1979 and was paid $2.10 an hour to wear that uniform. Why couldn't I have picked a job with a cool uniform like Hot Dog On A Stick?

2 Comments:

At 4:54 AM, Blogger Grey Biker said...

I was making big money then. I made $3.25 a hour.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Khiori said...

hee hee, chicken coming outta the chest like an alien? Yeah, the Hot Dog On A Stick gals got to dress like Go Go dancers *dances around*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home