Sunday, October 15, 2006

Plop plop, fizz, fizz...

Oh what a relief it is to get back to normal around here. Why do mothers drive us crazy? Is it in the mothers handbook or something? It was constant complaining from the minute she got off the plane just like last time and about the craziest things. First our squirrels are the wrong color, then all the toilet seats in the restaurants are too short. Everything is too expensive and she gained so much weight she can't do stairs or hardly any walking and up here, that's all there is to do so she wound up sitting in front of the tv most of the time and even bitched about that because all her shows come on too late here. She thought many of the houses up here that I think are cute and quaint, look like slums to her.

I took her to lunch with friends and we were laughing and having a good time and then she proceeded to tell them about her alcholic father...dead silence at the table. Then for dessert, a dear friend said we had the same chins and I wanted to die right then and there. We do not look alike...not not not!!!!

So after 5 days of complaints, she's on a plane for home and I can exhale again. I love my Mom but distance lends enchantement!!!!!

I'm actually looking forward to getting back to work!

1 Comments:

At 3:16 PM, Blogger Nicki said...

I welcome my mother. I think I'm in the minority. But my mom's awesome.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home