Wednesday, December 28, 2005

HNT #8 Me & Davy Jones
Were supposed to do a best of this week but I pulled my favorite because I caught a guy at work looking at it and it creeped me out plus I hate to conform so here's this weeks HNT. Here I am (dig the dress) at age 5 with my Davy Jones doll. I was a big fan of Davy Jones and the Monkees. Their show was only on 2 years but they won their time slot every single week.
Did you know that Steven Stills auditoned and made the group but backed out at the last minute because he found out he'd lose his rights to all his songs? He instead recommended his roommate, Peter Tork who gladly took the job. Stills was smart, these guys only got $450 per episode the first year and $750 per episode the second year, not exactly rolling in it. Paul Williams, Harry Nilsson and Danny Hutton from 3 Dog Night along with 437 others also tried out and didn't make the cut. Not everyone is cut out to be a Monkee!

4 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Blogger Osbasso said...

Bless you! I love a fellow Monkees geek! I can honestly say that they were a major influence in my early decision to try music!

 
At 12:11 AM, Blogger Lee Ann said...

Very cute! Happy HNT and a very Happy New Year!

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger Wenchy said...

:) Very nice.

 
At 12:30 PM, Blogger Mara said...

I'm loving this whole 'Best of HNT's' flashbacks...

Happy New Year and Happy HNT.

::smooches::
Mara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home