Tuesday, September 12, 2006

20% or I'll bite your leg off!

Don't get me wrong, when I have a good experience, I tip generously but it's my choice to tip and I don't like the idea that because your employer is too cheap to pay you a decent wage, it's suddenly my job to pay your rent. Find a better employer, better yet, lobby these good for nothing politicians into requiring restaurants to pay minimum wage. I'm not gullible enough to think I'm not still paying for it but at least it feels more ethical.

2 Comments:

At 6:44 PM, Blogger CatWoman said...

I agree. I am a generous tipper but hate that they expect me to leave two bucks when I've only had a slice of pie & coffee. You can just tell that they aren't happy with a peasley $1.00 tip on a 5 dollar something bill which includes tax.
I LOVE WAITER RANT. That is an awesome awesome blogger!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Nicki said...

You do realize if restaurant owners are required to pay minimum wage, meal prices will go up, right?

I'm on the fence about the whole issue.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home