Monday, December 19, 2005

Hook, Line & Sinker


The Gravel Pit is shafting us again. Many years ago it was customary to get bonuses at Christmas but that was soon nixed for the annual review done in March?

Anyway, the bonuses were replaced with gift cards in monetary amounts based on your rank. My rank would have received a $250.00 gift card at a well known retail outlet. In recent years it was reduced to $100.00 across the board which was better than nothing, at least one could go buy underwear for the year. But for the last 2 years the gift card has been replaced with a gift from Awardselect.com.

Go check this site out...it's full of useless crap all worth about $30.00 a pop. Hell I would prefer a gift card to my local grocery store so I could at least get a ham and the fixins for x-mas dinner. Gee, what I always wanted...fishing lures. I hear more and more companies are doing this to their employees so many of us may get the same lures this year.

Enjoy!

www.awardselect.com

3 Comments:

At 9:52 PM, Blogger CatWoman said...

More and more people aren't getting Christmas bonuses or holiday parties. Sad.
See my blog now. We kinda match. LOL

 
At 11:07 PM, Blogger DZER said...

I'm very lucky ... my boss and the local company (we're part of a national corporation) are committed to keeping our bonus program (checks in real money), as well as throwing us a huge, festive Christmas party with an amazing amount of good food, a live band, and all kinds of games and prizes.

this year, in fact, I got a pretty hefty bonus and I was VERY happy :)

the lures thing sucks major ass. your company sucks ass. poor darlin' ...

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger .- said...

babydoll --- $100.
$100. only buys three bras and a thong. wait, that IS enough for a year ;)
at least you might get the day off - some of us only have it off cuz it's sunday.... bars here closed - no table top dancing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home